Takacat has developed a new “Wave Piercer” speed tube that has several advantages:
• As a wave piercer, it divides the water flow between the two outside tubes, turning the Takacat into a trimaran, so to speak.
• Reduces the turbulence between the hoses and reduces the ventilation at the propeller because it creates an additional keel-like flow of water to the propeller.
• Lifts the boat as an additional air chamber, thus improving the planing phase, reducing water resistance and increasing the final speed.
• Reduces water spray on the shaft as the boat rides higher on the water.
improves the handling of the boat when heavily loaded due to the additional buoyancy.
• Can be considered as a 4th or 6th air chamber depending on the model.